HYCS periodically runs recruitment programmes - we will post dates on our website when we are looking for a new intake.
Want to join our team?
HYCS is a BACP-accredited service , committed to the highest professional standards. We periodically recruit volunteer, humanistic counsellors to offer midweek, evening counselling sessions at our Isleworth centre for 11-25 year old clients in the Hounslow Borough.
All of our volunteer counsellors are counselling professionals registered with the BACP, UKCP or similar. Before joining, our volunteers go through a rigorous HYCS' selection programme and benefit from supervision and extensive, specialist training in working with young people through HYCS.
- To apply, you must be either a qualified humanistic counsellor or a trainee counsellor who has completed at least 2 years humanistic counsellor training (including 1 year skills and theory and 1 year on a diploma/degree course).
- You will be registered with the BACP or UKCP and committed (if qualified) to working towards BACP or UKCP accreditation.
- You will be interested in working with young people from 11 to 25 years old.
- You must be available to see 3 clients per week at one midweek, evening session.
- You must be committed to attending monthly supervision provided by HYCS.
- You must be able to attend our full induction training session (dates below).
- You must attend HYCS team and agency meetings (see frequency below)
Want to know more?
If you meet the criteria above please contact the HYCS office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in working with us and to be notified of our next recruitment programme.
We look forward to hearing from you!