Welcome to the Self Help Hub's guide to supporting services - listed under this section D are the following: Depression, Disability, Domestic Violence and Drugs

While it's normal to feel a bit low at times, if that feeling persists for a long time or feels really severe, you may be experiencing depression.  

If you think that you may be affected, try talking about it to someone you can trust - perhaps a teacher, a family member or a counsellor and importantly visit your GP to get their professional opinion and practical support.

Depression In Children & Young People - Royal College of Psychiatrists 
How to recognise depression and what you can do to help yourself or someone else, information from the RCP.

Students Against Depression
A website by students for students - a website offering advice, information, guidance and resources to those affected by low mood, depression and suicidal thinking.

Supports people of any age, living with any disability or impairment to use technology to achieve their goals at home, at work and in education. They provide specialist advice services, free information resources and  help to build a more accessible digital world.

Changing Faces
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for people in the UK with a visible difference: a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different.

They provide advice, support and psychosocial services to children, young people and adults.

Deaf Zone  (Childline) 
If you are Deaf or hard of hearing you can contact Childline with SignVideo which lets you contact a counsellor through a BSL interpreter anytime from Monday – Friday, 8am-8pm. Saturdays, 8am-1pm.

Childline also have a dedicated area 'The Deaf Zone' with advice and support around issues such as bullying, online safety, divorce & separation, discrimination/rights which are available in both English and British Sign Language (BSL).

Downs Syndrome Association -  0333 1212 300
Help and useful information for anyone with or supporting someone with Downs Syndrome.

Disability Rights UK
Disabled Students' Helpline 0330 995 041
Personal Budgets' Helpline 0330 995 0404 

Information, advice and useful factsheets across a wide range of issues for anyone with disabilities.

Equality Advisory Support Service - 0808 800 0082
Textphone: 0808 800 0084
Assists individuals on issues relating to equality and human rights, across England, Scotland and Wales. 
Webcam portal for BSL users via the Royal Association for Deaf people.

Hidden Disabilities 'Sunflower Scheme'
As not all disabilities are visible or obvious, including autism, chronic pain, anxiety, visual or hearing impairment,  it can be difficult for others to recognise, acknowledge or understand the challenges you face.  Many businesses have signed up to the scheme and wearing the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower is a discrete way to indicate that you may need additional support, help or a little more time.

If you require information or advice regarding any educational issue that is the result of a child’s special educational needs or disability (SEND), please either book an appointment online to speak with one of their volunteers or consult the website which has a wealth of legal advice and resources.

For Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) issues, you can contact SENDIASS to get impartial and confidential advice, covering educational matters, social care and health entitlements, information and support.
Hounslow Borough Contact:
020 8583 2607 Email  SENDIASS@hounslow.gov.uk 

National helpline: 0808 808 3555

Sibs UK
An organisation for brothers and sisters of disabled children and adults. 

SignHealth - 020 3947 2600
SMS: 07966 976 749
Signhealth is a charity dedicated to making sure deaf people get the same sort of access as hearing people to healthcare and health information.

You can contact SignHealth in BSL, using our online interpreting service which is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

BSL calls can be made from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, or smartphones. They just need to have a good internet connection and a webcam or built in camera. .Step by step details on the Signhealth website here.

If you’ve been physically hurt, or feel like you are in immediate danger, call 999

Many of the organisations below offer helplines including 24 hour support.

National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 999 5428
London LGBT+ Helpline 020 7704 2040
The LGBT+ anti-violence charity, if you've experienced hate crime, sexual violence or domestic abuse.

The Hideout
A website created by Women’s Aid for children and young people to help them to understand domestic abuse and how to take positive action if it's happening to them.

Mens' Advice Line - 0808 8010327
For men experiencing domestic violence and abuse.

Refuge - 0808 2000 247 (24 hour helpline)
Information and advice for women and girls concerned about their partner’s behaviour.

Respect Phoneline - 0808 802 4040
Confidential and anonymous helpline offering advice, information and support for anyone concerned about their violence and/or abuse towards a partner or ex-partner.

Women's Aid
Offers practical support and information for women experiencing domestic violence via the Survivor's Handbook and local domestic violence services.

Women and Girls Network (West London) 
0808 801 0660 
The Young Women's Service works to create safe and confidential spaces to gain support - if you are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing any form of violence against women and girls (VAWG), and live, work or study in West London, contact WGN to get support. 

Frank - 0800 776600 or text phone for hard of hearing to 0800 917 8765
'Honest information about drugs' - Talk to Frank for facts, support and confidential advice on drugs and alcohol.

Adfam - 020 7553 7640
Support for people with a family member who takes drugs or alcohol, helping to find local support groups.